Tuesday 17 November 2009

What else are friends for?


I spoke to an old friend today who observed that my blog was getting 'drippy'. Not quite Jam & Jerusalem yet (that's the mantra of the Women's Institute. Jelly & Jerusalem, for my US chums, sounds even better.) But cats! And teddies, oh please! I might tell you, thank you very much, that that teddy was faintly subversive and disrespectful towards pigeons.

I so wish I had thought of the self-satirising strapline of Rurritable "Another Wimpy Cat-Blogger". Here is a man hewing out a rustic life in North Carolina or is it Virginia, somewhere like that, spewing out the most elegantly foul-mouthed political rants and wrestling with the egos of a couple of independently-minded mules with super-sized pizzles. So try out Rurritable for some more muscular animal fun and some of the best writing around. And I forgot to say he's an artist. Blimey.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rose. I'm actually just slightly south of the NC/Virginia border, which makes me one of the targets of William Byrd's acerbity:
    "When the weather is mild, they stand leaning with both their arms upon the corn-field fence, and gravely consider whether they had best go and take a Small Heat at the Hough: but generally find reasons to put it off till another time.”
    Still true some 300 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! Wanted to follow it/subscribe to it but couldn't work out how - damn those wordpress blogs! LOL. Yes Lady Rose, I think you need to let you acid tongue do it's work more often and stop talking about pink and bunny rabbits, tell us what you really think.......

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails